Friday, October 22, 2010
tokyo autumn '10: asakusa - odaiba@Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 2 - Asakusa - Odaiba

My mum woke us up too early. An hour early! We had breakfast at the Lobby Lounge which was more famous for the sweets rather than breakfast. And speaking about breakfast..
It was horrible. I hate English breakfast, like bread and eggs. So I took some porridge and Tofu.
The porridge was at least edible. Thank god we only paid for breakfast for 3 days. I swear I could have used the money to get another bowl of Tonkotsu Ramen at Bandara/Bangara(?) and still save 4 dollars.

We made our way to Asakusa via Yamanote Line to Ueno, and Ginza Line to Asakusa. About 40 mins? I hate the train system. The only day that we didn't have to change lines was Day 6, where Shinjuku, Harajuku and Shibuya were all on the Yamanote Line.

Asakusa! Kaminari-mon! I think this is the first time I've taken a picture with Daechul in front of it.
The weather was really good in the morning. Lost of tourists and not as crowded in Spring. It got crowded later on in the afternoon though.
Sensoji Temple and me taking Daechul out to prepare for a photo! We did the fortune thing and my sis and mum got bad luck. I got Sho-Kichi 小吉! So I get to keep the paper and they had to tie theirs.
Daechul and his hat with ears. Very cute!
We used one of the special functions of the camera. Very good to use Daechul as a subject cause there was a lot of red around there.
We went to order some ice cream and I saw Sham's favourite bread in the world.
Sis got Chocolate.
And we went to get the 50yen senbei! I don't really like it cause there's no taste. I rather eat Binbin or Wangwang. This shop isn't along the main street though. Its on the right side of the main street so you gotta look into the small streets along the way.
Lunch was Ebi-Tendon! It's a famous tempura restaurant that drips their prawns into sauce before frying. It's called Daikokuya 大黒家 and its the street just before Sensoji. Cost 1900 yen for 4 prawns, 1700 yen for 2 prawns and Kakiage, and 1500 yen for 1 prawn, 1 kisu fish and 1 Kakiage (Mixed veg). They have an English menu so you can ask for it. But if you speak anything that's not Japanese then they'll give it to you anyway.

Lunch Damage was 5750yen.

One heap of rice hidden beneath the prawns. I regretted not getting the Tendon with 2 prawns and 1 Kakiage cause I was pretty sick of eating prawns after the 3rd one. People who can't eat much shouldn't get this. Unless you're really hungry.
Brown like my bear.
We waited 5mins to get in, but that was around 1pm. They still had a queue outside when we left though. I think the queue gets worse during the school holidays. October is alright.

And we head to Odaiba.
We take the Ginza Line to Shinbashi and changed trains. You must take the Yurikamome Line to Odaiba, cause that's the line that travels right in the middle of the Rainbow Bridge. And it's quite exciting for the first time.
We are in VEGAS! I wish. No! I don't wish. Vegas is the desert. Once in a lifetime is enough and no more. This is Venus Fort at Palette Town. Nothing but branded goods.
Banana and Chocolate Sauce Crepe. Please do not pronounce it as "creep".
Tokyo Big Sight. Cost 900yen for one round. So expensive.
ZEPP TOKYO! On the side where Tokyo Big Sight is. Just walk right through the Toyota Showroom.
Love Zepp Tokyo!
Fuji TV is at the Daiba Station.
Aqua City! More things to see than Venus Fort. But I was quite disappointed cause the Mameshiba shop on B1 or B2 closed down. Sad max. And there's a restaurant there that sells Donburi and the miso soup is WAOW. Didn't eat it this time though cause we had rice for lunch already.
Japanese Statue of Liberty.
Daechul is still happy though.
We ate at Pomme no Ki instead.
The smell. Cheese was like free.
Omurice. My sis gave me a spoonful with a huge onion.

It turned dark around 5.30pm (wtf i know) and everything was lighted up except Fuji TV. We took the Yurikamome Line back to Shinbashi and I was anxiously waiting for Tokyo Tower to appear in front of me. And when it did, right after Shiodome station the camera battery died. FML. It would have been the perfect shot cause I was sitting at the head of the train! The frame of the window, top to bottom was orangey Tokyo Tower! FML x10.

We went back to Ikebukuro and took a look around the Ikebukuro Shopping Park at the station.
The shop was called Chicchai Taiyaki (ちっちゃいたいやき). My mum bought the plain ones and the person gave us 50 yen off.
It's really small. Daechul vs Small Taiyaki. Of course my dino wins.
We shopped at Daiso at Aqua City. Cannot believe that I lugged so many things back from Odaiba, when there was a Daiso in Ikebukuro(we didn't know.) We slept really early that day. 8.30pm? Anticipate Disneyland.

Labels:


about
who i think i am.

victoria.
singaporean.
jpop, jrock, kpop.

i love my green dinosaur and i don't care if you think I'm crazy.

TWITTER